This page outlines the minimum requirements, along with tips and tricks, for installing the pipes, tubes, and wires for your new irrigation system. Summary of major points:
- Wet areas to be trenched a couple days in advance.
- Consider hiring someone to dig the trenches.
- Install mainline pipes 18 inches deep.
- Install lateral pipes 8 to 12 inches deep.
- Make provisions for winterizing the system in cold winter climates.
- Use proper methods for gluing PVC fittings to prevent future leaks.
- Use good quality fittings for PEX.
- Don’t forget to install wires in the trenches!
- Sleeve the wires if you have aggressive critters.