The web's mother lode of free irrigation information!
Irrigation Product Listings & Reviews
Weathermatic 8200CR Series Valve
These are Weathermatic's brass valves.
- 10 year warranty
- 200 PSI rating
- Flexing, dual ported diaphragm (no need for filter and screens)
- Reverse flow design (makes diaphragm hold up better)
- Normally closed
- Works at very low flows, good for drip systems
- Contamination resistant
- Non-corrosive exhaust orifice
- S24B solenoid with special corrosion protection coating on actuator
- Bronze body and cover with stainless steel cover bolts
- Shock cone (reduces water hammer)
- Brass flow control on 1" through 2" models, stainless steel on larger valves.
- Easy to use manual bleed lever, internal bleed (Used to manually open the valve without electricity. Internal bleed means it doesn't spit out water when used.)
- XPR pressure regulator - do not use for flows under 10 GPM.
- Non-potable alert solenoid and warning tag
- Chloramine resistant Albino Rhino Diaphragm.
This is essentially a brass version of the Weathermatic 11000CR series valves. The difference is that this valve has a brass body. See the review for the 11000CR series.
Manufacturer's Performance Data:
|Flow in GPM||0-10||12||16||20||25||30||35||40||45||50||55||60||70||80||90||100||120||140||160||180||200||250||300||350||400|
|PSI Loss for 1" valve||1.5||1.8||2.4||3.1||4.0||4.9||5.9||7.2|
|PSI Loss for 1 1/4" valve||1.9||2.3||3.0||3.5||4.1||4.7||5.5||6.3|
|PSI Loss for 1 1/2" valve||1.4||1.7||2.1||2.5||2.9||3.3||3.7||4.2||4.8||6.2||7.9||10.1|
|PSI Loss for 2" valve||1.1||1.3||1.5||1.8||2.0||2.6||3.4||4.3||5.3||8.0||12.0||18.2|
|PSI Loss for 2 1/2" valve||1.0||1.4||1.8||2.1||2.6||3.6||4.8||6.1||7.5||9.1||14.0||19.6|
|PSI Loss for 3" valve||0.5||0.7||0.9||1.1||1.3||1.8||2.4||3.1||3.8||4.6||7.1||10.1||13.8||19.3|
Text and Images by Jess Stryker unless noted. Copyright © Jess Stryker, 1997-2011. All rights reserved.