The web's mother lode of free irrigation information!
Irrigation Product Listings & Reviews
Weathermatic N-100 Series Valve
This is Weathermatic's economy valve for residential use. This valve is only available in 1" size, but is available in several configurations; one with threaded ends, one with glued ends (for PVC pipe), and one with male thread and barbed ends (for poly pipe). This valve is available with or without a flow control.
- N-100 (FIPT x FIPT, no flow control)
- N-100F (FIPT x FIPT, with flow control)
- N-100S (Slip x Slip, no flow control)
- N-100SF (Slip x Slip, with flow control)
- N-100MB (MIPT x Barb, no flow control)
- N-100MBF (MIPT x Barb, with flow control)
- PVC body
- A flow control stem ("F" models only).
- Molded shock cone to reduce water hammer.
- Normally closed.
- Stainless steel spring.
- Self-cleaning flex ports.
- Internal manual bleed lever for manual operation.
- Reverse flow porting to reduce diaphragm stretching.
- 150 PSI rating.
A very basic inexpensive valve for residential use, such as tract homes. Has some good features not found on most valves in this class, such as reverse flow porting, and a non-rising flow control. I recommend you stay away from the models without a flow control.
Manufacturer's Performance Data:
Text and Images by Jess Stryker unless noted. Copyright © Jess Stryker, 1997-2011. All rights reserved.