The web's mother lode of free irrigation information!
Irrigation Product Listings & Reviews
Irritrol 200B Series Valve
This is a middle of the line offering from Irritrol. This valve was originally made and marketed under the Richdel name. The market for this valve is residential and budget-driven commercial projects. This is a combination angle/globe valve.
- 214B -- 1 inch combination globe/angle style electric valve with flow control
- 216B -- 1-1/2 inch combination globe/angle style electric valve with flow control
- 217B -- 2 inch combination globe/angle style electric valve with flow control
- Manual internal bleed
- Manual external bleed (flush mode)
- Slow-closing design
- Flow control allows precise flow adjustment and manual shut-off
- Heavy-duty corrosion- and UV-resistant PVC construction with stainless steel spring and hardware
- Double-beaded SANTOPRENE® diaphragm
- Buna-N valve seat seal
- Ribbed bonnet and bottom inlet
- Threaded inlet plug 0-ring seal prevents leaks
- Encapsulated injection-molded solenoid
- Captive hex plunger
- Three-way stainless steel bonnet screws accept Phillips, flat-blade and hex-driver tools
- Easily serviced without removal from the system
- Flow range: 5-120 GPM
- Pressure range: 20-150 psi
- Pressure Regulation Option (OmniReg® modular, click on link for details)
Manufacturer's Performance Data:
|Model||Size||5 GPM||10 GPM||15 GPM||20 GPM||30 GPM||40 GPM||50 GPM||60 GPM||80 GPM||100 GPM||120 GPM|
|214B||1"||Globe||3.36 PSI||2.60 PSI||1.82 PSI||2.35 PSI||5.40 PSI||9.73 PSI|
|Angle||3.09 PSI||2.20 PSI||1.48 PSI||1.98 PSI||4.00 PSI||8.12 PSI|
|216B||1 1/2"||Globe||3.04 PSI||2.66 PSI||2.33 PSI||2.97 PSI||4.14 PSI||5.62 PSI|
|Angle||2.76 PSI||2.24 PSI||1.99 PSI||2.30 PSI||3.10 PSI||4.42 PSI|
|217B||2"||Globe||2.00 PSI||1.93 PSI||1.73 PSI||1.55 PSI||1.68 PSI||2.99 PSI||4.85 PSI||6.31 PSI|
|Angle||2.00 PSI||1.93 PSI||1.73 PSI||1.55 PSI||1.59 PSI||2.15 PSI||3.27 PSI||4.88 PSI|
Note: Size valves based on pressure loss rather than pipe size. It is common for the valve to be one size smaller than the pipe.
This is a step down from the Irritrol 100 series valves, with a less expensive PVC plastic used for the body, thus a lower pressure rating. When Toro bought the Richdel product line, they rebranded this valve to the Irritrol name. It is a reliable, mid-range valve suitable for residential and light commercial applications. It has two inlets so that it can be installed as either a globe (using the side inlet) or angle valve (using the bottom inlet). A threaded plug with with an o-ring seal is provided to plug the unused inlet. It tells you something about the valve that when Irritrol was looking for things to list as features they included the "three-way stainless steel bonnet screws accept Phillips, flat-blade and hex-driver tools". In other words, these are the screws that hold the top on the valve. With that said, I have used a lot of these valves on budget-challenged irrigation systems and they have performed well. The optional OmniReg® device allows the valve to control the downstream pressure at a more or less constant level (see separate listing for the OmniReg® module).
Text and Images by Jess Stryker unless noted. Copyright © Jess Stryker, 1997-2011. All rights reserved.