The web's mother lode of free irrigation information!
Irrigation Product Listings & Reviews
Rainbird UNI-Spray Series
This UNI-Spray Universal Spray Head is aimed at contractors who install residential and low-end commercial irrigation systems. It is designed as an inexpensive alternative to the 1800 series for what I will term quick and dirty installations. The sprinklers come with or without a preinstalled nozzle. Of course if you get the pre-installed nozzles you should remove the nozzle before you flush out the system! I guess with the preinstalled nozzle Rainbird assumes you will not flush the system before installing the sprinkler. That would be a really stupid move! You should flush the system twice, once before installing the sprinklers, and again after installing them.
The construction of the sprinkler seems to be reasonably durable, somewhere between Rainbird's top of the line 1800 series and the unacceptably cheap Sure-Pop series. The UNI-Spray heads use the same nozzles as the Rainbird 1800 series spray heads.
- US-200, 2" pop-up body only.
- US-400, 4" pop-up body only.
- US-600, 6" pop-up body only.
- US-210 VAN, 2" pop-up with 10' nozzle.
- US-410 VAN, 4" pop-up with 10' nozzle.
- US-610 VAN, 6" pop-up with 10' nozzle.
- US-212 VAN, 2" pop-up with 12' nozzle.
- US-412 VAN, 4" pop-up with 12' nozzle.
- US-612 VAN, 6" pop-up with 12' nozzle.
- US-215 VAN, 2" pop-up with 15' nozzle.
- US-415 VAN, 4" pop-up with 15' nozzle.
- US-615 VAN, 6" pop-up with 15' nozzle.
- US-418 VAN, 4" pop-up with 18' nozzle.
- Minimum pressure: 15 PSI
- Maximum pressure: 70 PSI
Features noted (optional) do not come standard with the product and must be specifically requested when ordering. For a description of each of the features below click here.
- Wiper seal.
- Spring retraction.
- Filter screen.
- Ratchet mechanism.
- Matched precipitation rate nozzles.
- Color coded nozzles.
- Universal female thread nozzle.
- Check valve (optional). The check valves are sold separately from the sprinkler heads and can be easily added, even after the sprinkler is installed. You just unscrew the top, pull out the guts, snap in the check valve, then reassemble. No need to dig up the sprinkler. The part number is US-SAM.
Manufacturer's Performance Data:
For available nozzles and nozzle performance data click here.
Text and Images by Jess Stryker unless noted. Copyright © Jess Stryker, 1997-2018. All rights reserved.