The web's mother lode of free irrigation information!
Irrigation Product Listings & Reviews
Weathermatic Turbo 3 Rotary Sprinkler (T3)
The T3 is a gear driven rotor sprinkler available in both a 4" pop-up and shrub version.
- 4" pop-up height.
- 3/4" female thread inlet on bottom.
- Rubber cover for safety is standard (it should be standard on everyone's rotors!)
- Safety clutch prevents gear stripping if turret is turned by hand.
- Internal screen.
- Wiper seal and stainless steel spring on pop-up model.
- Part circle model adjusts from 40° to 360°.
- Stainless steel distance adjustment screw.
- Built-in check valve on pop-up model (must be activated before installation).
- Oil lubricated drive unit.
- 9 nozzles included.
- 5 year warranty.
- Optional non-potable cover for systems using reclaimed water. (Purple cover labeled "NO TOME - DO NOT DRINK")
- Vandal cover lock (to discourage vandals from taking the sprinkler apart).
- Optional stainless steel sleeve to protect pop-up riser stem in sandy soils.
Manufacturer's Performance Data:
|T3||4" pop-up with adjustable arc|
|T3-36||4" pop-up full circle only|
|T3S||Shrub model with adjustable arc|
|T3SS||4" pop-up with adjustable arc with stainless steel sleeve on riser|
|T3SS-36||4" pop-up full circle only with stainless steel sleeve on riser|
|Nozzle No.||20 PSI||35 PSI||50 PSI|
|4||28' - 1.0 GPM||34' - 1.4 GPM||38' - 1.8 GPM|
|5||28' - 1.2 GPM||34' - 1.7 GPM||38' - 2.1 GPM|
|6||28' - 1.5 GPM||34' - 2.2 GPM||38' - 2.7 GPM|
|7||38' - 2.6 GPM||41' - 3.1 GPM||44' - 3.6 GPM|
|8||38' - 3.6 GPM||42' - 4.4 GPM||44' - 5.1 GPM|
|9||40' - 4.6 GPM||44' - 5.7 GPM||46' - 6.6 GPM|
|10||42' - 6.0 GPM||47' - 7.3 GPM||51' - 8.6 GPM|
|11||42' - 7.0 GPM||47' - 8.8 GPM||51' - 10.3 GPM|
|12||42' - 10.6 GPM||48' - 13.0 GPM||53' - 15.0 GPM|
Note: Remember that the distance between rotor heads should never be greater than the PSI. Therefore rotors operating at 35 PSI should not be spaced farther apart than 35'. I don't recommend using nozzles with flows under 2.5 GPM except in corners.
For an in-depth description of features found on this and other rotors, see the faq on "How to Select the Best Rotor-Type Sprinkler".
Text and Images by Jess Stryker unless noted. Copyright © Jess Stryker, 1997-2018. All rights reserved.